Wednesday, April 30, 2003

From bluehoodie.com



Tuesday, April 22, 2003

So Better Luck Tomorrow did really well again this past weekend, and now it's going to roll out into 400 more cities this weekend! Personally, I really liked the movie. I didn't think it was a bad movie cuz it had bad portrayals of Asians. If anything, it was one of the most progressive movies for Asian-Americans ever. I think all the actors did an amazing job, especially Virgil who was my fave. They each knew their role well and played their characters right on. The lighting was beautiful (especially in the elevator scene) and Justin did a great job with the direction. And yes, I did like the ending even tho I know that a lot of people had a problem with it. Endings like in BLT (don't want to give it away), are sometimes the best ones (i.e. Days of Being WIld).

And here's my BLT related story....


Taylor, Ank and I were at a giant robot party in Venice where the whole BLT cast was at. This was a year ago, so it was like the first time I even heard about the movie. Karin Anna Cheung was there, and Taylor was totally crushing on her (no surprise). Taylor is also a film maker who recently graduated from NYU. So me and Ank had devised a plan to make Taylor look good in front of Karin. He was going to talk to her, and me and Ank would walk up to them and say..."Hey, aren't you Taylor Pak? Dood, I love your shit!! Whens your next movie coming out? Can we take a picture with you?"


So we agreed on the plan, and Taylor went up to talk to her. This is what happened....


Taylor: So I hear you're in a movie?
Karin: Yeah, it's called Better Luck Tomorrow.
*Ted and Ank interrupts*
Ank: Hey, aren't you Taylor Pak? Dood, I love your shit!!
Ted: yeah, whens your next movie coming out?
Taylor: .................
*Taylor starts dry humping Ank's leg like a dog to a tree*
Karin: ......................
*Karin walks away*


And to this day, Taylor doesn't know what possessed him to dry hump Ank's leg like that in front of Karin Anna Cheung.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home