Friday, June 27, 2003

the beginning:
My Little Girl.


There was a knock on the Metcalf family door...Anne opened the door.

"Hi!" A strange person said, "I am Matthew Szabo, and my family is new to the neighborhood..."

Anne smiled and accepted a basket of bread and muffins that he or his wife had put together for them.

Anne smiled, "Thank you, but you didn't have to...I mean you are the guests, I should have given you a basket..."

A 10 year old Hank and a 7 year old Jeff were fighting in the background. "It's my room! Mom told me that I could have it!" Jeff yelled

"Well, baby brother. It is mine! I am older and you will just have to wait until I move to China!"

Jeff tried to hurt Hank but he put his hand on Jeff's forehead with an outstretched arm watching his younger brother squirm.

"Boys!" Anne yelled, "we have company!" The two kept on fighting until they heard a voice in the background.

"Boys! Do as your mother says!" Hank ran up to this tall, dark and handsome man. "Hey Pop!" Hank yelled as he jumped into his arms. Stephen Metcalf walked to the front door while he was holding his oldest son upside down. He stretched his hand in order to shake Mr. Szabo's hand. "How ya doin? I'm Stephen Metcalf."

Mr Szabo smiled and shook his hand. Stephen had a firm handshake and a wide smile. "I see you have met my beautiful wife." He said putting Hank down and putting one of his hands on Anne's shoulder.

"Well, I just wanted to meet some of our new neighbors" Mr Szabo said pausing, "...and when my wife calls, you make sure and tell her that I stopped by..." he started to walk away, "oh...and before I forget...I saw that you have a little girl..." Anne and Stephen smiled and nodded their heads.

"Well, my little girl, Virginia, wanted to meet her, but was refused to come over until she got a new dress...I was wondering if you wouldn't mind bringing your little girl over to meet my Ginger..."

Stephen smiled, "we would love to! Linda has been waiting to have a girl friend...though she loves to play with her brothers!"

Mr Szabo began to walk away when Anne said, "Thank you again!"

The front door was shut, "Well, that was nice of him to come over here..." Anne said with a slight smile.

"Oh, Anne I forgot to tell you...I have to work late tonight..."

Anne didn't question him. She just smiled and turned to Hank and Jeff. "Hank, you can move your stuff into the bigger room... Jeff, you take Hank's old room. It isn't as big as the guest room, but at least we are letting you switch! Linda! Linda!" Anne shouted upstairs. A little eight year old girl with pig tails a pair of dirty jeans one of Hanks undershirts, and a
baseball cap walked down the stairs. "Yeah, Mother?" she said very obediently. Anne looked at her, "there is a new girl in the neighborhood and I want you to put some clean clothes on and march right down there to meet her!" Linda groaned, "Aww mom! I don't want to meet some dumb dora!"

Anne looked at her with a stern face, "Just do it young lady, and you watch your mouth before I wash it out with soap. How would you feel if you moved to a new place and the only little girl in the neighborhood wouldn't meet you?"

Linda smiled, "I would play with my brothers..."

Anne glared at her, "Move it young lady. I don't have time to argue. Linda...put on that new dress your father bought for you."

Linda looked down and kicked the stair she was standing on, "Mom, dresses are for sissy's..." Anne looked up at her and she ran upstairs to put it on.

no idea who wrote this, it wasn't me, i tell you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home