Monday, October 28, 2002



This is Juan Rulfo, the "supermexicano" who wrote Pedro Paramo. How does one who looks this distinguished write such a Dali-esque novel? I believe only Mr. Paramo can tell us himself...

MS - Senor Rulfo, how and why did you write Pedro Paramo?

JR - You think I wrote it? Hah, I scoff at you. (scoff scoff scoff scoff) It was not I, but the leprechaun in my closet who wrote this bewildering story.

MS - But Senor Ruflo, you are accredited with writing this amazing work. Why would you put your name on something that is not yours?

JR - Dinero, amigo, Dinero. What more is there to life but money? Surely, a bright nino such as yourself would know such a common principle.

MS - ...

JR - Heath chocolate and lots of sauerkraut.

MS - What?!?! Is that the true secret to your success? Was your leprechaun escapade just an extension of your vast humor reserve?

JR - Shut up you. You make me sad.

MS - I'm sorry, senor. What is the problem?

JR - I said SHUT UP YOU.

MS - Hmm. (hums Contaminame)

JR - (perks up his ears and sways to the rhythm)

MS - Contaminame...Mezclate conmigo!!

JR - I SAID SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE!!!

MS - Um. Erm. Okay.

JR - Thank you. (pics up War and Peace and begins reading the first page, albeit upside down)

MS - Um...Excuse me, Senor Rulfo?

JR - WHAT IS IT YOU KNAVE, YOU BUMBLING FOOL! CAN'T YOU SEE I'M READING?

MS - But senior, you are reading the book upside down.

JR - No dip sherlock. This helps me feel the work from a new perspective. War and Peace is a world turning masterpiece. It was meant to be read upside down.

MS - That's it, this guys full of it. (gets up to leave)

JR - I'm afraid your mistaken, young sod. You see, my magic realism extends beyond the literary realm. In fact, I am a practicing mystic. SHIM SHIM SHALA BIM!

MS - (turns into a pile of gleaming viscera, an apparent allusion to Chronicle of a Death Foretold)

JR - I laugh at you. Psht.

MS - Crazy old fool. That book came after your time.

JR - Shut up you. You know nothing. You are simply a worhless IB student...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home